1. Your Personal Data
your name, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address, bank account details and any other information relating to you which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or in other forms of interaction with you;
information about your use of our website and services, including cookies, IP address,;
your payment related information, such as your bank account or credit card information, and your credit history;
information about your usage of and interaction with our website and/or services including computer and connection information, device capability, bandwidth, statistics on page views, and traffic to and from our website;
information about your property including without limitation the address, description, price list, photo/image and GPS coordinates of your property.
1.1 We may also collect sensitive personal data (if applicable) such as your religious beliefs, commission of any offence etc (hereinafter personal data and sensitive personal data shall collectively and severally be referred to as "Personal Data").
2. Collection of Personal Data
2.1 Generally, we collect your Personal Data in the following ways:
- - when you submit forms (online or otherwise) relating to any of our products or services;
- - when you register for or use any of our services on websites, emails owned or operated by us
- - when you interact with our customer service officers/agent;
- - when you use some of our services, e.g. our subscription service/other;
- - when you request that we contact you;
- - when you are contacted by, and respond to, our marketing representatives and agents;
- - when you respond to our request for additional Personal Data;
- - when you ask to be included in an email or other mailing list, facebook, Instargram, and twitter;
- - when you respond to our promotions and other initiatives;
- - when we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them;
- - when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
2.2 When you browse our website, you generally do so anonymously but please see the section below on cookies.
2.3 If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of spouse, children, parents, employees and/or authorised representatives), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to you providing us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
2.4 You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
3. Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
3.1 Generally, we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- - responding to your queries and requests and responding to complaints;
- - managing our infrastructure and business operations and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- - facilitating business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale);
- - matching any Personal Data held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
- - verifying your identity;
- - preventing, detecting and investigating crime, including fraud and money-laundering, and analysing and managing other commercial risks;
- - protecting and enforcing our contractual and legal rights and obligations;
- - conducting audits, reviews and analysis of our internal processes, action planning and managing commercial risks;
- - compliance with any applicable rules, laws and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or to assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities; and/or
- - any other purpose relating to any of the above.
4 Disclosure of Personal Data
We will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, this Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following third parties, whether they are located overseas or in the country in which the Personal Data was collected, and you hereby consent to such transfer of your Personal Data to such third parties, including where such third parties are located outside Zanzibar or Tanzania mainland (as applicable):
- - agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide operational services to us, such as telecommunications, information technology, payment, payroll, processing, training, market research, newspaper vendor services, newspaper delivery services, storage, archival or other services to us;
- - vendors or any third party business partners who offer goods and services or sponsor contests or other promotional programs on our sites, whether in conjunction withus or not;
- - external business and charity partners in relation to corporate promotional events;
- - the Credit Bureau, or in the event of default or disputes, any debt collection agencies or dispute resolution centres;
- - any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale;
- - anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties;
- - banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers;
- - our professional advisors such as our auditors and lawyers etc.;
- - relevant government regulators or authority or law enforcement agency to comply with any laws or rules and regulations imposed by any governmental authority; and
- - any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your personal data.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information we collect. We have established safeguards and use reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Our employees, contractors, agents and service providers who provide services related to our information systems, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. We review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
We will ensure recipients of your Personal Data are legally bound to provide a standard of protection for your Personal Data comparable to the protection afforded under the applicable Data Protection Laws/ internal policy based on personal data protection practice.
Last Updated: 11.November.2019